a brief history of Fishburn United Methodist Church
The first church on this site on Fishburn Road was a log cabin built on a native limestone foundation. The logs were donated by Philip Fishburn. The land was purchased as a place to bury Philip’s son. The church was dedicated on October 25, 1846. The land cost was $26.50 and the log building cost $700 to build.
click a thumbnail image below.